Questions to ask yourself?
- Do you feel you have all you need to live comfortably?
- How are you doing financially?
- Are you constantly struggling or do you have strong foundations?
- How are your current living conditions?
- Do you feel supported enough?
- Do you feel connected to the natural environment around you?
- Are your roots strong enough to support you wherever you are?
“The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”
~ Maya Angelou
For a person who has an imbalance in the first chakra, it might be hard to feel safe in the world and everything looks like a potential risk. fear might turn into greed and paranoia, which are extreme forms of manifestation of imbalance in the first chakra. Issues with control over food intake and diet are related to it. The desire for security dominates and can translate into concerns over the job situation, physical safety, shelter, health. Excessive negativity, cynicism, Eating disorders, Greed, avarice, Illusion, Excessive feeling of insecurity, living in survival mode constantly
The root chakra is where we ground ourselves into the earth and anchor our energy into the manifest world. As the chakra is located at the base of the spine, your first energy center is home to the raw, static energy of life. It is the root of your being and establishes the deepest connections with your physical body, your environment and with the Earth. This chakra provides us the foundation on which we build our life (it is your survival center) This is your primal, animal nature. Your fight and flight response is initiated by this chakra. This governs your inner sense of security and place in this world. It supports us in growing and feeling safe into exploring all the aspects of life. Raising and channeling this energy not only boosts your overall health but plays a pivotal role in spiritual awakening. It is related to our feeling of safety and security, whether it’s physical or regarding our bodily needs or metaphorical regarding housing and financial safety.
Root chakra healing fosters proper energy flow throughout the body giving the chakra system a firm foundation on which the other energy centers may function. When the first chakra is blocked or somehow off balance, it is not uncommon to exhibit uncharacteristic behaviors, like paranoia, being short-tempered or aggressive. It is also not uncommon to become easily annoyed with people and situations, lash out at others, or become materialistic. When the root chakra is balanced you are grounded, in control, and at ease.
Tools to use to help balance your Root Chakra
Aromatherapy: To heal the root chakra, consider using flowering, earthy-scented essential oils to ground and balance, including; ylang-ylang, rosemary, patchouli, sandalwood, myrrh, & rosemary. If Stress is getting to you try Calm and roll your tension away.
Healing Foods: When concentrating on the root chakra, consider adding naturally red-colored foods, root vegetables, and animal protein such as: parsnips, soy, tofu, eggs, beans, meat, rainbow chard, & beets.
Crystals: When choosing red stones to heal the root chakra, some choices are red jasper, bloodstone, red carnelian, and garnet. Other options for stones include: Hematite, Rhodochrosite, Jet, Smokey quartz
Tarot Suite: Pentacles
- I have enough energy for everything I want to achieve!
- I am safe and secure! The universe protects me.
- I feel deeply rooted
- I am connected to my body
- I feel safe and secure
- Just like a tree or a star, I have a right to be here
- I stand for my values, for truth, and for justice
- I have what I need
- I am grounded, stable, and standing on my own two feet
- I nurture my body with healthy food, clean water, exercise, relaxation, and connection with nature
- I am open to possibilities
- I am grateful for all the challenges that helped me to grow and transform
“It was when I stopped searching for home within others and lifted the foundations of home within myself I found there were no roots more intimate than those between a mind and body that have decided to be whole.”
~ Rupi Kaur