Questions to ask?
- Are you able to express yourself and your beliefs (voice your inner truth)?
- Do you have the ability to trust others without a doubt?
- Do you have good organization and planning skills?
- Are you able to free yourself of old family values, beliefs and commitments especially regarding their relationship to responsibility?
- Are you concerned with financial security and having nice possessions?
- Are you shy and have difficulty communicating yourself or are you too talkative?
The eloquent man is he who is no beautiful speaker, but who is inwardly and desperately drunk with a certain belief. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
The gift of this chakra is accepting your originality, expressing your authentic voice and speaking your truth. The energy of this chakra allows you to seek knowledge that is true, beyond limitations of time and space, beyond cultural and family conditioning.
The Throat chakra is the expression of yourself: Your truth, purpose in life, creativity. (Note that this chakra has a natural connection with the second chakra or sacral chakra, center of emotions and creativity as well) The throat chakra’s emphasis is on expressing and projecting the creativity into the world according to its perfect form or authenticity.
A blocked throat chakra can contribute to feelings of insecurity, timidity, and introversion. On the other end of the spectrum, an overactive throat chakra may also lead to gossiping, nonstop talking, and being verbally aggressive or mean. It can seem as though the filter between the discourse you have in your mind and what comes out of your mouth is not working, or missing entirely. When balanced, the throat chakra fosters clear, concise communication. You have no issues being honest regardless of the situation or company you’re in.
Make a conscious effort to drink more water throughout the day. Not only does water help keep you hydrated, it also helps to cleanse the throat chakra allowing for healthy energy flow. Other ways to help would be; Singing (in the shower) and toning. Poetry, Meaningful conversations, Taking self-development courses, Journaling. Talk openly with close friends and family. Make it a point to be open and honest with all you say. Simply speaking in a heartfelt way can work wonders to strengthen and balance the throat chakra.
Tools to use to help balance your
Aromatherapy: Geranium, Chamomile, Peppermint, Mint, Cypress.
Healing Foods: Blueberries, Blackberries,
Crystals: Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire, Blue Agate.
Incense: Frankincense, camphor, lavender, eucalyptus, cedertree ect.
Teas: Bayberry, Borage, Chamomile, Peppermint, Red Clover, Skullcap.
- I am open, clear, and honest in my communication.
- I have a right to speak my truth.
- I communicate my feelings with ease.
- I express myself creatively through speech, writing, or art.
- I have a strong will that lets me resolve my challenges.
- I nourish my spirit through creativity.
- I live an authentic life. I have integrity.
- I love to share my experiences and wisdom.
- I know when it is time to listen.
- I express my gratitude towards life.
- I listen to my body and my feelings to know what my truth is.
- I take good care of my physical body.
- I am at peace.
Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.